Steps to Obtain a Building Permit (as of September 11, 2009)
- Must submit completed Tax Assessor's Certification Application to the Edgecombe County Tax Assessor's Office (manufactured homes only).
- Return the Tax Assessor approved certification form to the Edgecombe County Planning Office before permits will be issued (manufactured homes only).
- Must have septic tank permit from the Edgecombe County Enviornmental Health Department.
- Must have a zoning certificate. Keep in mind that if you live in a town or a town's ETJ, the zoning certificate will have to come from them.
- 2 sets of building plans for new constrution and modular homes.
- Bill of sale for a mobile home or tax card from another county.
*For a new construction or mobile home permit, the contractor, subcontractor, owner, occupant(s) must pick up permit. Any third party attempt to pick up permits must produce a signed and notarized letter of authorization from the above mentioned parties. Persons acting as their own contractor may be required to meet with the Edgecombe County Building Inspector before obtaining building permits.