In an effort to keep our community safe from the COVID-19 outbreak, our Social Services agency has implemented procedures to promote social distancing.
We will no longer conduct face-to-face contact with our customers. We will continue to accept applications for Food and Nutrition (Food Stamps), Medicaid, Crisis Intervention Program (CIP) and Work First benefits.
Applications can be completed online at www.ePass.nc.gov. Paper applications will continue to be available in our agency. In an effort to comply with the Governor’s executive order on social distancing:
• You can complete the application in your vehicle, in the parking lot or at home.
• You must provide all the required documentation needed to process your application.
• Be sure to review your application and make certain all areas are complete.
• DON’T FORGET TO SIGN YOUR APPLICATION. UNSIGNED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
• Be sure to provide a working telephone number where you can be reached. A caseworker will conduct a follow-up interview by telephone.
• After you have completed the application return it to our agency and leave it in the Secured drop box located at the main entrance of the building.
• Applications can also be mailed per customer request. Ask the receptionist for a business reply envelope to return it in the mail.
To apply for Child Support services online visit www.ncchildsupport.com or call 1-800-992-9457.
You can reach the Tarboro Social Services Office at (252) 641-7611 and the Rocky Mount Social Services Office at (252) 985-4101. Visit edgecombecountync.gov for additional online services and contact information for the office(s) you need to visit.