Welcome to the Edgecombe County Board of Elections web page. Our goal is to provide you with the best service and timely election results. The Board of Elections has the responsibility of conducting Federal, State, and local elections held within the County. In the BOE office we: register new voters; provide ballots and staffing for the voting precincts; maintain and update voter registrations by removing the names of the deceased, felons, and voters that have moved from the county; stay abreast of changes in election laws and regulations; and maintain campaign reports for candidates.
PHOTO ID, SAME-DAY REGISTRATION, OUT-OF-PRECINCT VOTING, & PRE-REGISTRATION
On July 29, a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit struck down photo ID requirements and other elections procedures enacted under S.L. 2013-381 and amended by S.L. 2015-103. Barring any alternative outcome on appeal, the following are no longer enforceable:
- Photo ID requirement contained in Part 2 of Session Law 2013-381, as amended by Session Law 2015-103;
- Removal of pre-registration contained in Part 12 of Session Law 2013-381;
- Elimination of same-day registration contained in Part 16 of Session Law 2013-381;
- Changes to early voting contained in Part 25 of Session Law 2013-381; and
- Elimination of out-of-precinct voting contained in Part 49 of Session Law 2013-381.
The district court order is available here. Please check back at this website for updates as they become available.
Know Your Voter Rights
- If you have a criminal record, you should be aware of your voter rights in NC.
- Click here to download "A Misdemeanant & Ex-Felon's Guide to Voting in NC".
To learn the what, when and how, download the bilingual:
2016 Elections Information
Board MeetingsThe Edgecombe County Board of Elections Meetings are scheduled for the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 5:00 p.m. - unless otherwise noted.
201 St. Andrew St.
PO Box 10 Tarboro, NC 27886
Fax: (252) 641-1740